June 19, 2013 05:03 PM
Town history 1900 - 1950
- Zinc ore mining ceased
- Iserlohn with 27.000 inhabitants becomes self-administrarive but still remains seat of county administration.
- Initial opening of Danz tower
- Opening of railway line Iserlohn - Dortmund
- Reconstruction of Kilian's Church (Lenne Cathedral, Letmathe)
- Beginning of extension of Thiele works, which is to become the biggest chain producer within Europe.
- Iserlohn becomes a garrison town.
- Letmathe is granted town status.
- Destruction of the synagogue
- On 16 April Iserlohn capitulates to the Americans and therefore is saved from destruction.